Thursday, November 11, 2010

Graham Clifford has one in the baker’s oven at Raceclubs!

One in the baker’s oven!

Have I inadvertently turned the View from the stands article into an extract from a Jilly Cooper book!? Well if you read the competition answers to last week’s question you may think so. I asked if in your line of work, be it now or in the past, have you ever been welcomed at a door by a scantily dressed lady who was more interested in you than your wares? And true to form we had some cracking answers. In his role as a breadman (get it!) the Flying Fillies owner stumbled across what he describes as “a very good and fit lady of about 35-40” on his rounds. She was drying her hair in the nip but FF thought she hadn’t spotted him peering through the window! FF takes up the story:

“I was busy starring at her chest as she was totally naked and she says "I bet you don’t do baps as nice as these ones”. I stood there and said “No I can’t argue with that”. She said give me a minute and I will be out. So I went to the van and stood there not knowing what to say. A few minutes later she comes out. I was expecting her to be fully dressed but no she just had a dressing gown on. She walked down to the van and says "what have you got in your drawers for me?" Then she opened her night gown and says "can I put my hand in your drawers to see for myself?" At this stage a car came into the yard and she closed her night gown and said I will see you next week. The next week she left the money in an envelope for me. I often wondered what would have happened if that car had not come into the yard.”

I suppose FF many things could have happened and there would have been a chance that the breadman could have put a bun in the oven! Perhaps that car coming into the yard was a slice (!) of great luck. Anyway many thanks for your entry. For your efforts you win this week’s £10 in bonus credits. Thanks to everyone who took the time to answer especially to Bat Car Barn who rather forlornly answered “If only Graham, if only.” Listen Bat Cat Barn, your day will come, I hear Greggs are looking for a new door to door guy in Scunthorpe!


The future of horse racing is going online at www.raceclubs.com


Posted via email from Raceclubs.com

No comments: